To whom it may concern: please block me. Show more
I realised that people are being quite dramatic and emotional about being blocked or blocking others. I observed it on FB and I start seeing it here.
So allow me to make a mid-length statement on it:
1. If you cannot stand the content or manner of my writing, please do not hesitate and block me. It doesn't hurt me at all and you will probably feel better (at least for a moment), so general level of happiness in fediverse will grow.
2. If I decide to block you, it i not because you are a bad person (while you can be, I do not know). It is because I see no value in keeping the conversation going. Cutting it will conserve personal energy on both sides and decrease carbon footprint generated by the infrastructure, supporting pointless conversation.
3. According to the science, we are wired to keep meaningful relationships with up to 250 people (Dunbar number). There are more than 300 000 people in the fediverse. So it makes sense to be picky.
Thank you for your understanding.
About me: Show more
1: Self-taught human being.
2: 250 vs. 7 000 000 000 rule (a.k.a. Robin Dunbar says "be picky")
3: Self-proclaimed anarcho-boffin.
4: What we want? Anarchist industrial sector! When we want it? Fucking yesterday!
5: Governance: Confederacy of self-managing communities.
6. Economy: Cooperative, capitalism-free commons.
7. Technology: Liberatory.
8. Ecology: Social.
9. There are no indiscreet questions, there are only indiscreet answers.
So, if anybody wants to take over this instance and its domain, we will be happy to pass it -- you only need to provide hosting and someone to manage technical part of transition.
Please contact us through the email email@example.com
Fuck. It is so obvious and nobody pays attention... #Greenland
Frontaal Naakt: *The sex worker’s guide to the internet* by @petrakramer
"So here we are, the supposed land of the free first got rid of net neutrality and then it came for the content of advertisements. Backpage got seized because they allowed #sexworkers to advertise their business. *gasp*
Luckily this is the internet and the internet interprets censorship as damage and it routes around it. And I am here to teach you how to do that."
cc @MistressEmelia for boostin
"Answer meaningfully or face dada" is my battle cry for today. 😉
CNI Hubzilla four milestones Show more
1. Regain composure after moving live installation from subdomain to https://cni-coop.net (still trying to get old channels be visible).
2. Make it as federated as possible, including all protocols available.
3. Set up project channels/profiles structure so we can use it to coordinate work and support related to our activity.
4. Create hub-wide donation system.
Practical help will be highly appreciated.
ATT SW's: Now it is more important than ever before, PARTICULARLY in this industry, to hold onto your right to privacy and be informed. This guide to becoming as anonymous as possible online will take you literally 10 minutes to complete but it is worth it. Even if you are to just read how your data is used...
PLS BOOST - this will help people looking for more anonymous ways of working on the web. 💕💕
Bashing trolls with weaponised poetry. Show more
I found dada poetry especially useful as an anti-troll weapon. Because trolls use semantic hooks as footholds, dada puts them in serious dissonance. Formally being a message, it is impossible to be answered other than with lame complaints (or with another dada, which stops trolling).
My favourite piece:
Pev't o' tay merlong gumin gots,
Untle yun furly pazzen ye,
Confre an' ayzor, ayzor ots,
Bither de furloss bochre blee!
"I user" => "I used"
Fact checking: over decades I user to read and hear about the #usa #education practice of rewarding children (with medals, ribbons, diplomas etc. symbolic ways) practically for anything -- to keep the motivation up and to avoid the situation where just a few kid would play the stars, leaving others behind.
Now, I am looking for confirmation, whether that was really ubiquitous and to what extent. Also, if there are any researches on long-term effects of such policies, in terms of social attitude.
They can destroy our homes, but we can rebuild them. They can't destroy our dreams, neither can they evict a movment.
Images showing destruction by the state in la #ZAD and people just rebuilding what they have lost.
'We are European citizens who just want to live in peace, free and without fear #UsVolemACasa '
15,000 people were rebuilding the ZAD this weekend, that is awesome!!
So, I guess #Mastodon is like an unending river of (interesting?) content that is continuously flowing by, and you have to quickly grab something from the stream to take a closer look or interact with it.
#Hubzilla is more about creating focused groups and forums, for a slower, more in-depth kind of interaction around specific activities, topics or projects.
In the middle of preparation to the #wind #turbine #workshop tour, the #laptop of one our members dropped dead. So, as we have all our resoulces in #FairCoin form, we are looking for a way to finance new laptop (#ThinkPad X230 or very close to it):
-- someone willing to buy from us 300 FairCoins at the official rate.
-- someone willing to sell us such laptop fo FairCoins.
-- someone willing to buy such laptop on eBay and take refunding in FairCoins.
En medio de la preparación para la gira del taller de aerogeneradores, el portátil de uno de nuestros miembros cayó muerto. Así que, como tenemos todos nuestros recursos en forma de #FairCoin, estamos buscando una forma de financiar un nuevo portátil (#ThinkPad X230 o muy cerca de él):
-- Alguien dispuesto a comprar 300 Faircoins a la tarifa oficial.
-- Alguien dispuesto a vendernos un portátil para FairCoins.
-- Alguien dispuesto a comprar un portátil en eBay y recibir un reembolso en FairCoins.
O algunas otras ideas.